Saturday, November 8, 2008

NCN Convention - Famous Corpses

Well, the 2008 NCN Convention in Raleigh just wrapped up last night. Early Wednesday, post Election Night elation, I flew down on the teeniest jet Delta had to offer to join the festivities mid-week as a guest.

While I was there I signed some copies of 'Famous Corpses'-- it had been sale already for a few days so Emi and Jan had gotten all of them, but some people came up to have me sign theirs as well, and Friday we sold some more to those stragglers who hadn't gotten theirs yet.


One day, maybe I'll take a photo of 'Famous Corpses' that's not totally blurry.


Publisher Joe Bluhm, Author Danielle Griffith, and Illustrators Emi Sato and Jan Op De Beeck





We met and talked about the next volume, of course; 2008 was full of awesome people who totally died, and we have a hell of a list already. We need to par it down, but, well, the deadline to get in the book is December 31st, so we need to sort of play a waiting game to make sure somebody fabulous doesn't make the requirements (ie die) before then. We're going to move tentatively forward, I guess.

All in all the book was well-received by the members of the NCN! Jan Op De Beeck is a superstar, so of course they were waiting for it to come out. People looooved Emi's cartoon contributions too. I dare say it was a hit--we definitely sold enough this week, anyway. It will become available on the Art Squared website very shortly; I'll be sure to mention it when it is.

No comments: