Friday, April 20, 2012

Morris Lessmore WON the Oscar!

I'm really late in updating this... but! The gist is this: The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore won the Oscar for Best Animated Short. The studio had a viewing party at a local restaurant. There was an open bar, which really helped with everyone's nerves, and definitely contributed to the celebratory feelings after we won! Here are some photos that I've been sitting on from that night! First, the obligatory and ultra-glamorous red carpet walk. Mindy and Kim. John and Nicole. Even a Moonbot-shaped cake! Which... actually I never got a bite of this. I can't tell you how it tasted. But look: Thin Mints for eyes! This is when they actually read Morris Lessmore's name while listing the nominees. My friend Mindy grabbed hold of my camera just a few seconds before, and started documenting the moment, which is fortunate because.... .....BAM. This is it; the actual second they announced it. The room exploded. Three-way hug! Actually I got a little squished on this one. Afterwards most everyone headed downtown to our favorite local bar to, er, continue celebrating. Photos of that turned out as blurry as our collective memories of those hours. But it was fun. A couple of days later, Bill had returned home and brought his statuette (each director got one) in to the studio; Joe called me and I drove up after hours so I could hold it. The verdict: it really IS heavy. I'd pulled a muscle in my back and for a split-second, I feared I'd let it slip out of my hand and it'd topple to the ground and Oscar's head would pop off but.... that didn't happen.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Congratulations!! All of Shreveport was cheering for you guys.