Saturday, June 6, 2009

MoCCA.

I didn't bring all of my business cards by accident today, and so they were all snatched up. Some people who may have gone to my website may wonder why they are looking at a blog, and not a real website. Well, let's chalk it up to "not being able to get my crap together in time", and so I just set it to redirect to my blog. It's exciting stuff.

So far, it's going pretty well! I am at home, exhausted, not doing fun stuff, because not only did I do too much fun stuff too late Friday night, but it was hot in the Armory. By the way, MoCCA is in a freaking National Guard Armory. It's sort of strangely forboding, like, you feel like you're trapped inside while the zombie hordes are clamoring outside. It's huge and hot. I was very tired by the end of the day, despite consuming a total of five shots of espresso and one grande iced coffee from Starbucks.

I sold a number of framed pieces, and like I said, gave away all the business cards that I had. I managed to walk around briefly when my friend Nicole arrived. I also acquired the following things:

This great shirt from Squid Fire

and


This amazing print from artist Stephanie Yue.

I didn't get any books, or much time to look at any; I had to head back to the table to hold the fort down while Joe drew caricatures. Tomorrow I aim to score some more sweet loot, probably including the latest 'Octopus Pie'.

I better take some photos, too. I always forget to. Mostly because I'm stuck sitting behind a table, not wandering around...

1 comment:

Michael said...

Caffeine is a diuretic; it dehydrates you. Drink water instead of coffee next time.